Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cutting the borders

Alert-Alert-Alert
Bea has an update for us...she says there is a problem with the instructions on cutting the borders. Here's what she has to say:


I’ve just cut out my ‘pieced border’ (page 5 of the “Completing the Quilt” instructions) and there is an error in it.

Step 1 says, cut 14 pieces 2” x 16 ½” on the lengthwise grain. – so that’s what I did. – and I also cut 8 number 11 triangles.

Then,
Step 2 says, fold the 16 ½” strips in half (2 ½” x 8 ¼”) and Place template #11 on the cut ends and trim off the ends. (this is a discrepancy from step 1).

The problem is –we’re supposed to cut the 14 strips to 2 ½” x 16 ½” since we have to put the 18 birds in between, and they are 2 ½” tall.

Since I cut the triangle at the end of step 1, I don’t even have enough fabric to get any 16 ½” x 2 ½” strips. – so I’ll have to go get more fabric.

Please alert the class to be sure to cut the strips 2 ½” wide – hopefully you can catch them before they do what I did.

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Other Blog

My Other Blog
Living4Quilting